BENCHMARKS — 3DMark
I wanted to push this machine to the breaking point. Easier said than done. The 3DMark benchmarks came back with some truly awe-inspiring results.
First we started with the general benchmarks of 3DMark:
This laptop can beat out 97% of all computers out there. That is a tall order; with a tower case, you have more room to work and cool your system. While this laptop is really big at 17.95 x 13 x 1.9 inches, it is still about half the size of most tower boxes. Yet it packs more punch than the vast majority of systems out there.
HARD DRIVE SPECIFICATIONS
Who here hates it when their system takes more than five minutes to reboot? I know I hate it; that extra five minutes after a game crashes always gets under my skin. Well, with the Beast, that’s no longer an issue.
The laptop has 5 hard drive slots. Currently we have 4x Kingston M.2 SSDs in a RAID 0 configuration; note that this is not the configuration that the laptop comes with. We also have a Western Digital 750GB hard drive as well in the fifth slot.
The Kingston M.2 SSD’s are currently worth about $160.00 Canadian.
- Capacity: 120GB
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0
- Form factor: M.2 2280
- Compressible Data Transfer (ATTO): 550MB/s Read and 520MB/s Write
- Incompressible Data Transfer (AS-SSD and CrystalDiskMark): 500MB/s Read and 330MB/s Write
- IOMETER Maximum Random 4k Read/Write:120GB — up to 66,000/ up to 65,000 IOPS
- Random 4k Read/Write: 120GB — up to 46,000/ up to 13,500 IOPS
- PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 56,000
- PCMARK® 8 Storage Score: 120GB – 4,900
- Power consumption: 0.06 W Idle / 0.1 W Avg / 1.01 W (MAX) Read / 3.08 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm
- Weight: 7.36g
- Vibration, operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration, non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: 3-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW): 3
- 120GB: 230TB 1.8 DWPD4
The second hard drive we have is the Westen Digital Blue 750GB, it currently goes for about $125.00 Canadian.
- Interface – SATA 6 Gb/s
- Form Factor – 2.5 Inch
- Height – 9.5 mm
- RPM – 5400
- Capacity – 750 GB
NEXT: RAM, Ports, Heat, and Power