In a year that has seen the release of multiple high-quality shooters, titles like Titanfall 2 has struggles to gain an audience. Being sandwiched between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare likely did not help. Even so, Titanfall 2 has received notoriety for its inventive campaign and revamped multiplayer. Respawn Entertainment stated that they plan to release free DLC for the game rather than having a season pass model. Titanfall 2 will release its first free DLC next week on November 30th!
The DLC will be called “Angel City’s Most Wanted”. Respawn Entertainment has listed the details of the upcoming DLC on their blog. Here is a list of the updates the DLC will bring:
- Angel City map: A map from Titanfall 1
- Fans that pre-ordered Titanfall 2 will get access to the Angel City map starting on November 30. All other players will get access to the Angel City map starting on December 3rd.
- Wingman Elite Pistol
- New Titan Kits
- Ion: Refraction Lens
- Splitter Rifle splits 5 ways
- Scorch: Scorched Earth
- Flame Core ignites the ground, leaving thermite in its wake
- Northstar: Threat Optics
- Enemies are highlighted while zooming in
- Tone: Burst Loader
- Aiming allows the 40mm to store up to 3 shots to burst fire
- Legion: Hidden Compartment
- Power Shot has two charges
- Ronin: Phase Reflex
- When doomed, Ronin phases out of danger
- Ion: Refraction Lens
- Pilot Execution: Inner Pieces
- Phase into an unsuspecting victim
- Stats screen
- FAQ menu
- In-game store
The two things that stick out to me on this list are the new map and the in-game store. As seen on the list, Angel City is a revival of a map from the first Titanfall. Players who preordered Titanfall 2 will get access to the map on the 30th while other players will be able to access it on December 3rd. The in-game store will allow players to purchase new skins, camo, and Prime Titans. It seems Prime Titans feature different chassis and assassinations, but they will work the same way as the original Titans they are based on. This is the first of the DLC that Respawn has planned for Titanfall 2. They hope to add new weapons, modes, and maps to continue supporting the game. Having played and enjoyed Titanfall 2, this is exciting news. The fact that Respawn aims to avoid the often pricey “season pass” is very encouraging.
Nedu has wanted a giant robot as a best friend since he was a child. He is also a content writer at AYBOnline. His views are his own.