Project Cars finally has a release date! After having locked in date for the fall last year, the studio and publisher decided to push the game back. And then push it back. The game was again pushed back, this time to a more ambiguous “Mid-May” release.
Well if there were any concerns about the game not being ready, those can finally be thrown out the window. Publisher Bandai Namco UK tweeted this on April 15th.
“We can now guarantee a release date for Project CARS for 8th May for PS4, Xbox One and PC!”
This morning the Project Cars website has been updated with the full list of release dates.
PLAYSTATION 4 BOXED & DIGITAL, XBOX ONE BOXED & DIGITAL, PC BOXED
- MAY 7TH – Europe & Australasia
- MAY 8TH – United Kingdom
- MAY 12TH – United States & Canada
MAY 7TH – MIDNIGHT WORLDWIDE RELEASE – Europe, Australasia, United Kingdom, United States, Canada
Shortly before the release date was updated, Slightly Mad also announced the inclusion of 8 more tracks, bringing the grand total to a STAGGERING 110. Let me repeat that. There are One Hundred and Ten tracks in Project Cars. There’s no way you’d get bored with that much variety!
- Nürburgring, Germany – Nordschleife, Nordschleife Stage 1, Nordschleife Stage 2, Nordschleife Stage 3, Grand Prix, Muellenbach, Sprint, Sprint Short.
- Zhuhai International Circuit, China – Grand Prix.
- Chesterfield, UK – Karting GP.
- Cadwell, UK – Grand Prix, Club, Woodland.
- Greenwood, Republic Of Ireland – Karting GP.
- Sakitto, Japan – Grand Prix, National, International, Sprint.
- Summerton, UK – Karting GP, National, Sprint.
- Circuit De Spa Francorchamps, Belgium – Grand Prix.
- Sonoma Raceway, USA – Grand Prix, National, Short.
- Brno Circuit, Czech Republic – Grand Prix.
- Willow Springs Raceway, USA – Willow Springs International Raceway, Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile.
- Le Mans, France – Circuit de 24 Heures du Mans, Le Circuit Bugatti.
- Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, USA – Grand Prix.
- Donington, UK – Grand Prix, National.
- Snetterton, UK – 100, 200, 300.
- Azure Coast, France – Eastbound, Westbound, Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3.
- Azure Circuit, France – Grand Prix
- California Highway, USA – Northbound, Southbound, Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3.
- Glencairn, UK – Grand Prix, Reverse, East, East Reverse, West, West Reverse.
- Mount Panorama, Australia – Grand Prix.
- Oulton Park, UK – Fosters, International, Island.
- Road America, USA – Grand Prix.
- Watkins Glen, USA – Grand Prix, Short.
- Brands Hatch, UK – Grand Prix, Indy.
- Dubai Autodrome, UAE –Grand Prix, National, International, Club, Kart.
- Hockenheimring, Germany – Grand Prix, National, Short.
- Imola, Italy – Grand Prix.
- Monza, Italy – Grand Prix, Short.
- Motorsport Arena Oschersleben, Germany – Grand Prix, Indy.
- Silverstone, UK –Grand Prix, National, International, Stowe.
- Circuit Zolder, Belgium – Grand Prix.
Only a few more short weeks. I can’t friggin’ wait! I’m glad I’m getting this one on PC. Console players are getting a raw deal in North America having to wait nearly a week.
Are going to be giving this one a go? Which platform will it be for? Let us know in the comments below.