Gorey and brutal is what Lifeless is, and Swedish start-up developer Rigid-Soft is excited to launch their survival game into Early Access.
The year is 2021, and the world is an infected wasteland. It’s been ten years since Patient Zero — ten years since everything changed. Two factions now fight over resources while trying to survive an ever-growing population of infected.
Lifeless is a multiplayer survival game, in which you must work together with players to survive the nightmare reality around you. Originally starting development in 2014 and switching between game engines to work on, Rigid-Soft brings life to Lifeless with interesting features to this game:
- Welcome to Stillwater Bay. Maine’s most popular tourist spot has become a wasteland. Explore lush natural landscapes and deserted towns set after the world has collapsed.
- Learn To Survive. Find supplies, collect equipment, keep yourself fed and healthy to stay alive.
- Choose A Side. Two factions fight for survival – The civilian Nova Guard, or the militant Spartan Phalanx.
- Fight For Your Life. Brutal, melee-focused combat means you have to get up close and personal if you want to save ammo.
- An Infected Threat. It’s not just the other faction you need to watch out for. Infected humans will stop at nothing to take you down.
You can check out the Let’s Play below, featuring Lifeless‘s Creative Director Hampus Rosèn showing off the game!
Kate Rhiannon is a Contributing Editor-at-Large and Graphics Artist for AYBOnline.com, and a producer for the Level 1 Scrubs podcast. Her opinions are her own. Feel free to follow her on Twitter and Facebook, where she posts updates about her creative projects!