It seems like every few days there’s a new announcement of minimum and recommended system requirements. Most of the new upcoming games require some serious processing power, and this one is no exception.
Bethesda is gearing up for the release of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and finally revealed the system requirements to play the game.
The Minimum setup will require:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 @ 3.3Ghz | AMD FX-8320 @ 3.5Ghz
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 | AMD Radeon HD 6870 (1GB VRAM)
- Hard Drive: 38GB Available Space
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
Recommended isn’t that much more:
- CPU: Intel Core i7 | AMD FX-8350
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvideo Geforce GTX 660 | AMD Radeon R9 280 (3GB or more VRAM)
- Hard Drive: 38GB avaialable space
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7/ Windows 8
Either way you look at it though, these are beefy requirements. An i5 is more than what a lot of gamers have. Thankfully the GPU support is a lot more reasonable. 2015 is finally becoming the year where a quad core processor really pays dividends.
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is a stand-alone game, and does not carry over from The New Order.
The game is set to release at 12AM ET on May 5th. Pre-loads start on May 1st for PC owners, May 3rd for PS4, and Xbox One owners have been able to start for a week already (April 23rd)
Will your PC run the game? I’m sure you aren’t alone if you can’t. Let us know in the comments below.
Kevin Carbotte is a Content Editor for AYBonline. He knows a little about a lot, and a lot about a little. The opinions in his columns are his and his alone, but you are free to have them.