Lineage Esports will be holding a Hearthstone Fireside Gathering and Championship Qualifier at Garbonzo’s Pizza in the AnX on Portage Avenue this Saturday, July 18th. Full press release and details after the jump.
Lineage Esports is very excited to announce our Hearthstone Fireside Gathering and Championship Qualifier, sanctioned by Blizzard! Come on down and enjoy a day of food, drink and Hearthstone!
All ages are welcome and entry is free. Everyone is welcome to bring laptops, tablets and phones to play at their table but there will be provided machines for the tournament. The winners of the tournament will win prizes and will also qualify for the Fireside Gathering Championship which has a $5000 prize pool! We’ll even have dedicated casters, streamed games and interviews with the players! Alongside the tournament will be food specials, mini-games, giveaways, raffles, and everyone who shows up will receive a special card back!
Location: 2-471 Portage Ave. Garbonzo’s Pizza (University of Winnipeg Annex)
Date and Times: Saturday July 18th, 2015
Doors Open: Noon (CDT) Games Start: 1pm (CDT)
1. All matches will be played in in a Best-of-5 Conquest Format. The first player to win 3 games within the match is considered the winner of the match.
2. Each player must submit deck lists from 3 unique classes prior to the start of the event.
3. A player must win one game with each of their 3 decks to win the match.
4. When a player wins a game, the deck used by the winning player cannot be used for the remainder of the match.
5. The losing player can keep the same deck used or switch to a different one of their choice.
6. Players will be told what classes their opponent has available, but they won’t know which class their opponent has picked until the beginning of the match.
7. Players must provide their own account and cards.
8. Between rounds players have 5 minutes to decide on their next deck.
9. If a game ends in a draw (both players lose on the same turn), the round will be replayed with the same decks.
10. Players seen with unapproved changes in their decks will be disqualified.
11. Using chat programs including Battle.net during a match aside from messaging an admin is strictly prohibited and subject to disqualification.
12. Players have 10 minutes to prepare for a match and if a no-show occurs they forfeit 1 round of the match for each 10 minutes they are late.
13. Players are not allowed to speak to their opponents or to others during a match and doing so will be subject to disqualification.
14. Spectators are not allowed during the game, and players are expected to kick anyone from spectating their game aside from the admins.
15. Lag, disconnects, or problems outside of the players control during a game will result in a rematch of the round unless a lethal blow is possible on the CURRENT turn.