Rejoice, noobs of Boxy Kingdom! The gods have seen fit to make your quest a little easier.
Dream Team Partners has released an update for Boxy Kingdom largely focused on improving accessibility — they’ve made it easier for new players. DTP says patch 1.1 takes care of “the lowest of the low-hanging fruit.” There’s a few performances improvements and minor bug fixes, but for the most part it’s a nerf.
In patch 1.1…
- Poison mushrooms don’t come into play until later, so you can learn the basics before having to deal with them.
- Fire and Poison Drakes spawn farther out, to give the player time to practice on lowly Orcs and Goblins.
- The initial spike trap density is lower.
- Coins and hearts no longer spawn on top of spike traps.
- Warning signs for status ailments and the like are more prominent.
- The appearance of the Guardian Dragon has been delayed, so players have more time to line up backstabs.
So if the game seemed like too much for you, fret not! There’s a bit more time to hone your technique. And if you’re the type who craves a challenge, fret not for Dream Team Partners says settings scale up organically over time and if you’re doing well, the difficulty goes back to how it was.
Boxy Kingdom is available on iOS and is coming soon to Android.
Mark McAvoy is a contributor for AYBOnline. His opinions are fleeting. And his own.