August 23, 2018- XGen Studios is thrilled to officially release The Low Road on Nintendo Switch™, available today alongside an update to its original release on Steam, offering up quality of life changes and reworked voice acting. This marks XGen’s fourth console release and second Nintendo title. XGen’s Defend Your Castle launched alongside Nintendo’s WiiWare™ service in America where it debuted at the #1 spot, and Super Motherload was one of just 23 Day-1 titles for PlayStation 4.
Drawing upon the beloved point-and-click adventure,The Low Road presents a quirky and comical look at the world of 1970s corporate espionage, set against the automobile industry. This highlights XGen Studios’ strong artistic vision in the gaming space, featuring an art style inspired by gouache paintings that feels truly unique, alongside an original musical score that blends psychedelic music with classic Americana. And now, as of today, players can take this unforgettable journey on the road, leveraging enhanced gameplay mechanics that take advantage of both the Nintendo Switch’s™ JoyCon and Pro Controller. Whether playing in handheld mode or docked from the comfort of your couch, The Low Roadis a sight to behold.
The Low Road is available now for PC (Win/Mac) and Nintendo Switch™. For additional information about The Low Road, please visit the official website, check it out on Nintendo.com, and follow XGen Studios on Twitter and Facebook.
About The Low Road
Set in the world of the 1970s automobile industry, The Low Road, is a point and click adventure which follows a team of corporate spies dedicated to the protection (and appropriation) of game-changing industry secrets. Sporting a unique visual style inspired by gouache paintings and a pulsating industry secrets.
- A unique digitally hand-painted 2D illustration style with 1970s television influences.
- Over 32000 words of dark comedic dialogue fully-voiced from a cast of characters
- Play from the perspective of two corporate espionage agents
- A merger of traditional storytelling and engaging gameplay
- An original score of swirling psychedelia and dusty Americana
- Nostalgic point-and-click style gameplay influenced by LucasArts and Sierra classics
- Branching conversation puzzles that will challenge your deductive and intuitive abilities
- Over 15+ first-person puzzle sequences
XGen Studios is an award-winning videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider. Over the past decade, XGen Studios has brought to market 14 commercial games for 7 unique platforms, including Mac, PC, Linux, Android, iOS, and the Web, as well as the #1-selling hit Defend Your Castle for Nintendo’s WiiWare™ Service and Day-1 PS4™ title Super Motherload.