Developer OctoBox Interactive kicks down the door to Early Access providing instant admission to Mech-heads who want to get hands-on with its brutal tactical shooter as it develops
October 19 2018 – OctoBox Interactive today announced that, for the next six months, its tactical PC mech shooter, Blazing Core – Knights of the Future, has entered the Early Access phase of its development. Players from around the globe can finally unleash team-based mech mayhem for £13.99 / €17.99 / $17.99.
Following a successful month-long period in open beta, Early Access will allow more players than ever be to go toe-to-toe with rival teams in fierce 3×3 and 6×6 battles across a dazzling array of outlandish, futuristic maps.
To sign-up to Early Access now visit: https://blazing-core.com/
…or here on the Steam Page
Although OctoBox keenly admits to taking inspiration from titles such as World of Tanks and Rainbow Six: Siege, Blazing Core – Knights of the Future is different beast in many ways. Instead of implementing headshots and spawn kills, the game’s core mechanics encourage tactical decision making before unleashing hell with the game’s eclectic range of weapons.
Blazing Core – Knights of the Future is a game replete with constantly evolving roster of features and game mechanics – many of which are the result of suggestions made by the community. As such, Early Access will include the following updates, refinements and new features:
Early Access Features
- Maya Mia! Completely reworked Maya map featuring destructible objects and new shelters. Improved Lighting effects have been overhauled and the map filled with elements that provide players with a location backstory including that of its inhabitants
- Upgraded! Re-vamped system for obtaining new mech equipment. Players now have the chance to obtain equipment after each match. The better you play, the greater the chance of getting new equipment
- New Quests system – Complete daily and weekly quests and receive unique items as a reward
- Banner-bearing drones added – Knights no longer enter the battlefield with their banners as newly-implemented banner-bearer drones now accompany the player’s mech in the battle
- Developer OctoBox will distribute the game via the Buy-to-Play system and will not use Loot Boxes or Microtransactions
Blazing Core – Knights of the Future a team-centric tactical shooter in which players become Knights of the Future, and armour-up in real mechs inspired by ancient legends. Each mech embodies the spirit and nature of a hero, while an advanced customization system allows players to fine-tune their machine’s specifications and unique abilities.
Well-coordinated and considered teamwork is crucial when it comes to besting your opponents – the majority of mech abilities fit together like a dream, which allows teams truly realize their battle potential and tactical capabilities.
General Game Features
- Flexible customization system. Each machine boasts a wide variety of weapons and equipment that let you tweak your mech’s abilities and stats. This way you can change your role on the battlefield and diversify the gameplay
- By combining various mech abilities teams can significantly enhance their performance on the battlefield. Identifying the players’ strengths and weaknesses will let you conjure up the most effective strategies
- Power of knowledge. Understanding the principles behind the mechs and their abilities is more important than fast reflexes. Knowing your machine and its abilities will help you find your way around the battlefield and be ready for anything
- Chivalric aesthetics. Each mech echoes various historical eras from all around the globe and the Future Knight armour reflects that.
About OctoBox Interactive
Founded in Russia, in Saint Petersburg in 2016, an independent game design studio OctoBox Interactive consists of a talented group of professionals gathered from all around the country. We aspire to create unique IT projects of high quality. In-depth analysis of IT-market trends, innovative projects creation, our development and promotion are key parts of OctoBox strategy. More information can be found here: https://octoboxint.com/