April 17, 2018 – Rotten Mage is pleased to announce that Spacejacked will be invading PlayStation 4 on 26 April 2018. Jump into the fray as Dave, the lone space technician on his first ever space mission. Build turrets and use your trusty drone to blast wave after wave of alien scum, and rescue your fellow scientist friends from certain doom!
This fast-paced action & tower defence game features:
– A challenging campaign mode, filled with slimy cosmic horrors!
– 2 Endless Modes, each with each own set of arenas and leaderboard
– Additional Challenge Mode, fit only for the hardcore!
– Funky chiptune soundtrack
– Platinum Trophy 🙂
Spacejacked is also available in German, Russian, Korean, and Chinese, while staying true to its wacky sense of humour. Also, dancing scientists.
The game will retail at $9.99 on the PlayStation Network. A PlayStation Vita version will also be available at a later date.
Spacejacked is a super fast-paced ARCADE TOWER-DEFENSE. Play as Dave, a lone technician tasked with protecting his spaceship from being overrun by aliens while it prepares to warp into hyperspace. Players who seek to experience a blend of action shooter and tower defense will enjoy this game!
- Play through the Story Campaign and escape from the clutches of the evil alien scum.
- Rescue scientists and unlock weapon upgrades!
- Enjoy the even faster-paced Endless Mode and compete for highscore with friends!
- Play Challenge Mode with demanding set-pieces only fit for the most hardcore!
- Over 10 types of filthy alien scum! 7 arenas to defend!
Play the demo for Spacejacked on store.steampowered.com.
Spacejacked began as an attempt in 2013 to create a 2D metroidvania game featuring gravity manipulation as the core mechanic. As development dragged on, we realized that we were over-ambitious, and decided to build something much smaller. We created three small arenas, added the building of turrets as a mechanic, and threw in lots of enemies. We liked what we saw, and decided to expand upon it!
- March 2014 – Development on Spacejacked began.
- October 2014 – Official announcement made.
- April 2015 – Spacejacked was Greenlit by the Steam community after 47 days.
- September 2015 – Spacejacked won the Best Linux Game award in the Intel Level Up Game Demo Contest.
- 26 February 2016 – Spacejacked was released on Steam.
- August 2016 – Porting of Spacejacked to PS4 and Vita began.