Bust out your Cryptonomicon, because hardcore supernatural RPG, HellSign, is available now on Steam Early Access! Blending in-depth location-based investigation and research, with nail-biting paranormal hunting action, experience the tension of stepping into the unknown, collecting clues, trying to figure out what you’re up against and eliminating it before it takes you out.
Geists lurking in the shadows? Giant, toothy, door mimics? Massive man-eating spiders? Drawing influence from a wide range of paranormal monster of the week TV shows and spine-tingling survival horror games, HellSign features a diverse and horrifying cast of creatures to research and hunt down across procedurally generated locales that’ll leave you questioning whether you should have grabbed a flare or spectral projector.
Sporting a feature-complete gameplay experience, HellSign’s Early Access launch represents the first of three distinct chapters to Ballistic Interactive’s supernatural story. In addition to releasing the game’s final two chapters over time as they move towards a full launch in late 2019, the team at Ballistic are committed to working with the community as they lock and load for an experience that’ll leave you feeling like a bonafide Winchester or member of the Scooby Squad.
For more information about what’s available now and what will be available come the full launch, take a look at below:
Early Access Launch Features:
Story mode – Chapter 1 of 3
3 bosses and 13 creatures to hunt
10-12 hours of gameplay
Full Game Launch Features:
Story mode told over three chapters
12+ bosses and 25+ creatures to hunt
3+ job locations to investigate
Enhancements and tweaks to core gameplay
40 hours of gameplay
HellSign is available now on Steam Early Access (PC), retailing for $14.99 USD. For more information on the game and updates on it’s journey to 1.0, be sure to check it out on Steam, follow Ballistic Interactive on Twitter and Facebook, and check out the official website!
- Tricks Of The Trade – Start your journey with a flickering torch, rusty gun and a whole lot of guts. Complete jobs to develop your skills and learn more about the monsters that haunt the night. Develop your character and build your arsenal through a detailed RPG and job system. Become an elite hunter and get your revenge.
- Choose Your Contracts – There are all manner of creatures prowling the streets, from ghosts to hellhounds, monstrous spiders to demons. Which order you take on contracts is up to you, but each monster you slay brings you closer to unearthing the dark truth that’s been stalking you.
- Hunt, Or Be Hunted – How you clear the town is up to you. Go in guns blazing and let your shotgun do the talking, or plan and research your targets to use their weaknesses against them.
- Study Your Prey – As a hunter, knowledge is one of your greatest weapons. Read your environment and uncover the weaknesses of the creatures you’re hunting, to make it a little easier to slay them. The Cryptonomicon is your hunter guidebook, tracking the creatures you’ve slain and the signs you’ve collected.
- Use Your Tools – From shotguns and booby traps, to silver nitrate rounds and high tech gadgets – there are many tools in your arsenal to help you fight the darkness. Choosing what to bring with you, and when to use it can be the difference between victory and a grizzly defeat.