Return to the Golden Age of Amusement Parks with Planet Coaster’s Fourth Themed Content Update Featuring Classic Rides, Mechanical Amusements and a Barbershop Quartet!
July 3, 2018 — Frontier Developments today announced the Planet Coaster Vintage Pack will launch on July 10 for $10.99. With seven new rides, dozens of charming scenery props and new interactive vending machines, the Vintage Pack contains everything players need to capture the spirit of the timeless golden age of outdoor entertainment.
From Coney Island to the end of the seaside pier, the golden age of rides and rollercoasters introduced thrillseekers around the world to a new era of fun and excitement. That era comes to life in Planet Coaster’s Vintage Pack, allowing players to create nostalgic parks featuring classic rides, mechanical amusements, themed scenery, new visual effects and the harmonies of an original barbershop quartet.
The Planet Coaster Vintage Pack includes:
- Zephyrus. A classic example of the world’s first high-speed wooden coasters that can be traced back to the 1920s. Beautifully aged with a tarnished old-fashioned charm.
- Aces Sky. Another historic type of wooden coaster, with wooden tracks replaced by a large wooden pipe.
- Round the World. Combining the gentle motion of a Ferris wheel with the insanity of spinning, inverted gondolas. Despite their apparent danger, similar rides have stood the test of time and still operate today.
- Loop Da Loop. Buckle up and prepare to loop head over heels in this twin cabin inverting swinging ride from the 1930s.
- Test Flight. Take off and practice your flying skills in this spinning, inverting plane ride. Each car has a set of wings which the guests control to roll the cabin of their vintage aircraft.
- Hurricane. A real classic found in many parks and fairgrounds around the world, the Hurricane twists and turns at tremendous speed.
- Centrum. Feel the excitement of spinning at high speed at a thrilling 50 degrees in this classic centrifuge ride that’s been a favourite for generations of fairground and carnival fans.
New Park and Scenery Items
- Iconic Vending Machines. Have guests entertain themselves with the classic fortune-telling Zoltan machine, or try out the Gumball and Popcorn machines synonymous with old-school town fairs.
- Vintage Scenery. Decorate parks with distinctive vintage items including Victorian pillars,, lightbox lettering and animal statues.
- New Entertainment. For the ultimate in classic seaside and town fair entertainment, players can add a stylish barbershop quartet or trapeze artists to wow guests.
- New music by JJ Ipsen and triggered sound effects provide classic ambience to make vintage parks come alive.
Alongside the premium Vintage Pack on July 10, all Planet Coaster players will receive a packed FREE content update, headlined by a new coaster. Mouse Hunt is a loving tribute to a dying breed of rickety and bumpy coasters with sharp corners and little banking through a unique grid based track.
This free update also features a new Crane Machine game for guests to play, new food and drink vending machines, bedding plants, plus a range of vintage and contemporary colour filters that allow players to change the game’s visual effects for capturing stylish in-game screenshots. Additionally, a new option allows players to group scenery pieces together, making it easier to move and manipulate large sections of park.
The Planet Coaster Vintage Pack will be available on July 10 for $10.99.
Join Planet Coaster on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram all @PlanetCoaster.
Planet Coaster is available now on Steam and FrontierStore.net with 50 percent off until July 5
About Planet Coaster
Create. Manage. Share. Be inspired and inspire others as you create, manage and share the world’s greatest coaster parks with friends and content creators around the world. Surprise, delight and thrill your guests as you build your coaster park empire, and let your imagination run wild with the future of coaster park simulation games.
Frontier Developments is the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, LostWinds and Planet Coaster, founded in 1994 by games industry veteran David Braben. Frontier’s development strengths are immersive and fun gameplay design with unparalleled artistic quality, all enabled by its cutting-edge in-house COBRA game development technology and a talent for getting the best out of hardware and UI.