Take the high road in the mountainous new DLC expansion for Railway Empire
October 19 – You’ve already taken your Railway Empire far and wide, and now it’s time to go high and low! Kalypso Media is excited to announce that the next exciting adventure for Railway Empire is available now: Crossing the Andes. In this latest DLC expansion, you’ll take on new journeys in the depths of South America in the early 20th century, where a hoard of exotic new resources are ripe for the picking and plans for crossing the Andes by train are drawing attention from investors. Unforgiving mountains and relentless jungle terrains will make this challenge a tough one for even the most experienced tycoons.
New features in Crossing the Andes include a trio of new scenarios covering the early history of railway pioneers in the Andes, a brand-new ‘South America’ map for Free Game and Sandbox modes, more than 10 new goods including llama wool and guano, 34 new cities to discover and two new engines to power you expanding network – the Kitson-Meyer (0-8-6-0) and the Garratt (2-6-0-0-6-2).
About Railway Empire
In Railway Empire, you will create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, and buy or build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to keep your travel network ahead of the competition. You’ll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also develop over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructures and advanced amenities as you progress through five eras of technological innovations.
However, you can’t just build and research your way to the top – the competition never sleeps, and to keep your business on track you’ll have to survive against up to three rival tycoons. To get to the top you may have to resort to more cutthroat tactics as you attack and sabotage your opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
Features of Railway Empire
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game, and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.