July 3rd, 2018: In 2125 there is no mining your own business on Mars: The Earth Defense Force (EDF) is strong-arming everyone into work and sending the resulting hard-earned resources back to Earth. Suppression, executions, violence everywhere… it’s no wonder a famous resistance group rises once more. And you? You will be their best guerrilla fighter. Welcome to the Red Faction.
Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition is out now on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. You can get it for an SRP of 19,99 $ / 19,99 € on PC and 29,99 $ / 29,99 € on consoles.
Players who already own the 2009 version of Red Faction: Guerrilla on Steam will automatically receive the Re-Mars-tered edition for free in their accounts. From now on, these players can simply download Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered from their Steam library and start swinging their sledgehammers.
One more random fun fact about Mars (in real-life): If you weighed 200 lbs on Earth, your Mars-weight would only be 76 lbs. But don’t try the “Mars-Diet” at home – we recommend neither eating only Mars bars, nor trying to lower the gravity in your neighbourhood.
Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered features:
- Fully reworked graphics – heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding, for example, specular maps
- Improved shadow rendering
- Improved lighting
- Reworked shaders and postprocessing
- Native 4k support on PC
Xbox One Performance
- Xbox One: 900p @ 60 FPS
- Xbox One X: 1800p @ 60 FPS or 4K @ 30 FPS
PlayStation 4 Performance
- PlayStation 4: 1080p @ 60 FPS
- PlayStation 4 Pro: 1500p @ 60 FPS or 4K @ 30 FPS
About Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered
Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Red Faction: Guerrilla still defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.