January 17, 2019 – Hello dear Terminals user! You’ve probably gotten used to the types of emails you see from us. Well, I’m here to shake things up a bit because I want to make sure a specific game’s on your radar, especially if you’re a fan of adventure games or visual novels. Say hello to Winds of Change!
Developed by Tall Tail Studios and available on Steam Early Access right now (full launch on Sept. 24, 2019), Winds of Change is 2D adventure game that blends elements of open-world RPGs, point-and-click adventures, and visual novels to create something that feels truly unique. Over the next couple months, I’ll be sharing some exciting content from Tall Tail Studios but in the meantime, wanted to pique your interests by giving you a breakdown of five ways Winds of Change defies genre expectations!
- Open world with a non-linear narrative: Players are empowered to choose where they travel and who they talk with as they adventure across Alestia, expanding upon visual novel narrative stylings with a living, breathing fantasy world that encourages exploration.
- Phase into parallel stories: You’re not the only one inhabiting the land of Alestia. Using your powerful seer abilities, transport yourself into the bodies of others in order to get a glimpse of stories unfolding all over the world.
- Unleash your inner romantic: Whether you’re interested in a meaningful friendship or something more, Winds of Change approaches relationships with a great deal of fluidity, offering players the option of polyamory, and allowing relationships to grow and develop more naturally, feeling less like a binary gameplay system.
- Fully-voiced narrative: Tapping into a stellar cast including talent from the likes of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, One Punch Man, Mob Psycho 100, and Danganronpa, really get to know the inhabitants of Alestia with full voice support (at full launch), all brought together by a development team of one.
- Embark on side quests: Filling the open world, players can take on a wealth of side quests which not only serve to expand on the core narrative’s lore, but also flesh out the many characters players will meet and travel with.
Winds of Change is available now on Steam Early Access (Windows, Mac, Linux), with a full launch slated for September 24, 2019. For the latest updates on all things Winds of Change, follow the game on Twitter and Discord, and add it to your Steam wishlist.
About Winds of Change
Lead The Rebellion, build your army, and shape the world with your choices. A story-heavy adventure game with multiple endings, romance options, and non-linear storytelling. A vast dark fantasy world waiting to be explored. Inspired by Dragon Age, and Mass Effect. Fully voice acted by a stellar cast!
The Story So Far…
You are The Seer of Valinorth.
Blessed by the realm of spirits, you are given visions of the future in order to steer your nation’s history down the right path. However, one night, a vision shakes the very foundation of everything you know. Forced to leave your home for good, you are thrust into the larger world of Alestia, and taken in by the arms of The Rebellion. Vying for freedom from the tyrannical rulers of the world – The Triumvirate — The Rebellion fights for liberation.
At the center of this conflict is the mysterious “Blade of Exodus”. Once belonging to The Triumvirate themselves, it seems the key to victory may lie in using their own weapon against them. But who can wield an artifact of such immense power? Is victory really within reach, or will The Rebellion fall and be lost to history? The fate of everything rests on your shoulders alone, Seer.
Choose wisely, and enjoy your adventure…