Players around the world will be able to enjoy the tactical (and adorable) gameplay of Wargroove in ten different languages when it releases on Windows, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PS4.
January 16th, 2019 – Ready your troops and take up arms in preparation for the launch of ‘Wargroove’, Chucklefish’s newest, self-developed and published title. Following hot on the heels of the release of Stardew Valley on exciting, new platforms, the UK-based indie studio is set to launch their retro-styled, tactical-gem to the world – literally! Partnering with Shloc, whose body of work includes the Dragon Quest series, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, The Last Guardian, and Yokai Watch, Wargroove will hit the ground running in ten different languages. See the gif below for a taste of the language support offered in this soon-to-be indie-darling:
Wargroove will be playable in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese! Even better, all these languages will be available at launch! Chucklefish will be monitoring feedback and will consider adding in more languages after launch based on user feedback.
Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more Wargroove news and assets, with a launch window of Q1 of this year! Add Wargroove to your Wishlist on Steam to receive a notification when Wargroove launches!
Take to the battlefield with Wargroove, a turn-based strategy game for up to 4 players! Choose your Commander and wage war on battling factions, using your ‘groove’ to strategically sway the fight in your favor! Design and share online your very own maps, cut-scenes and campaign stories with easy-to-use editors and in-depth customization tools!
- Choose from one of 12+ Commanders from 4 warring factions – the Cherrystone Kingdom, Heavensong Empire, Felheim Legion, and Floran Tribes
- Strategically use your Commander’s unique “groove” ability to sway the battle in your favor
- Battle your way through the Campaign Mode to discover the story and motivations behind each faction
- Challenge your friends to local and online multiplayer skirmish modes with complete rule customization, as well as local and online competitive and co-op play
- Design and share online your own complex series of battlefields, with branching story paths using easy to master in-game map and campaign editors
- Learn more about each character you encounter through a trial of boisterous bouts in Arcade mode, fighting 5 different opponents in quick succession
- Outwit the enemy in Puzzle mode, using your strategic skills to complete tricky challenges in just ONE turn
- Discover the history and lore of the world of Wargroove and its inhabitants in the Codex, as well as handy strategy tips and rules for use in battle
- Seek out hidden in-game content and unlockables – old school style!
We’re Chucklefish – an independent games studio based in London, UK. We develop and publish our own games and provide support to other developers! Recent title releases include Stardew Valley, Starbound, and many others!