Investigate paranormal disturbance. Collect signs. Arm yourself. Eliminate the threat. Repeat.
September 12, 2018 – Have you ever wanted to step into the shoes of your favorite supernatural investigators? Live your life like a monster of the week episode? Then get ready to make a pact with darkness, because HellSign is coming to turn those dreams into nightmares. Launching onto Steam Early Access (PC) on November 7, 2018, HellSign offers up a hardcore supernatural RPG experience that captures the feeling of being in-too-deep during a paranormal investigation with nothing but your wits and some rusty hunting gear.
Focusing on a satisfying gameplay loop inspired by years of television paranormal hunting history, step into the shoes of a hunter as you travel around Australia investigating the unknown and taking down all manner of horrifying monsters – it’s just another day in the life, after all. After creating your character and choosing from a series of classes with unique abilities, dive into a non-linear narrative, taking on contract jobs as you make money and learn more about the creatures stalking in the night.
So how does this all go down?
Investigate paranormal disturbance
Take your first steps into the unknown, whether its an abandoned house, barn, or warehouse, and use all the tools at your disposal to try and put together what happened.
From blood splatters to hidden relics, desiccated corpses to electromagnetic frequencies, search your assigned location for signs to fill up the Cryptonomicon – your guide to all things paranormal.
Using the signs you uncovered and your skills of deduction, figure out what you’re up against and arm yourself accordingly. Should you grab extra silver bullets, or would a thermal imaging scanner be more useful to you? But remember: you can only carry so much.
Eliminate the threat
Take the hunt to darkness’ front door. With the knowledge you’ve gathered and an arsenal of (hopefully) useful gear, take down the creature that’s been causing trouble for your contractee.
Turn in your contract and any valuable goods you found to make enough money to hunt another day. Then do just that as you take on your next harrowing contract!
HellSign arrives on Steam Early Access (PC) on November 7, 2018. For more information on the game, be sure to wishlist and follow the game on Steam, follow Ballistic Interactive on Twitter and Facebook, and check out the official website. See below for additional details on what you can expect from the Early Access and full game launches.
Early Access Launch Features:
Story mode – Chapter 1 of 3
3 bosses and 13 creatures to hunt
10-12 hours of gameplay
Full Game Launch Features:
Story mode told over three chapters
12+ bosses and 25+ creatures to hunt
3+ job locations to investigate
Enhancements and tweaks to core gameplay
40 hours of gameplay
- Tricks Of The Trade – Start your journey with a flickering torch, rusty gun and a whole lot of guts. Complete jobs to develop your skills and learn more about the monsters that haunt the night. Develop your character and build your arsenal through a detailed RPG and job system. Become an elite hunter and get your revenge.
- Choose Your Contracts – There are all manner of creatures prowling the streets, from ghosts to hellhounds, monstrous spiders to demons. Which order you take on contracts is up to you, but each monster you slay brings you closer to unearthing the dark truth that’s been stalking you.
- Hunt, Or Be Hunted – How you clear the town is up to you. Go in guns blazing and let your shotgun do the talking, or plan and research your targets to use their weaknesses against them.
- Study Your Prey – As a hunter, knowledge is one of your greatest weapons. Read your environment and uncover the weaknesses of the creatures you’re hunting, to make it a little easier to slay them. The Cryptonomicon is your hunter guidebook, tracking the creatures you’ve slain and the signs you’ve collected.
- Use Your Tools – From shotguns and booby traps, to silver nitrate rounds and high tech gadgets – there are many tools in your arsenal to help you fight the darkness. Choosing what to bring with you, and when to use it can be the difference between victory and a grizzly defeat.