Showcases all the action from the upcoming feel-good first person adventure
Paris, France, 19th November 2018 – Revered independent developer Aurélien Regard (The Next Penelope) and indie publisher Playdius (Bury me, my Love, A Normal Lost Phone, Dead in Vinland) today released a new action gameplay trailer for their anticipated new release, Away: Journey to the Unexpected, which is coming to PC, Xbox One, PlayStation ®4 and Nintendo Switch™ in Q1 2019.
Away: Journey to the Unexpected is a feel-good first person adventure game that combines action, negotiation and rogue-lite elements, all rendered beautifully in a distinctive anime-inspired style. In Away, you’re not a fighter or a hero, but you are great at making kick-ass friends! Many of the colourful characters you meet in game, from robotic cowboy bounty hunters to bizarre space oddities, can be recruited to fight alongside you – it’s up to you to convince them to join the team! Away is the creation of renowned French developer Aurélien Regard, working alongside Rayman level designer Jean-Matthieu Gennisson.
· Colourful and unique visuals created by renowned artist and developer Aurélien Regard (The Next Penelope)
· A refreshing, light-hearted story packed full of adventure and humour
· A first person adventure with fast-paced combat and rogue-lite elements
· A vast cast of quirky characters to meet, convince and recruit to fight for you
· Underpinned by an anime-inspired soundtrack