What do you get when you mix a crew of woefully unprepared space cadets, a shuttle that’s falling apart, soup shortages, a sock puppet or two, lovesick AI, and intergalactic pizza of questionable origins?
September 18, 2018 – Today, Robot Gentleman is excited to announce that dark comedy sci-fi survival game, 60 Parsecs!, is officially available on PC. Retailing for $14.99 USD (14,99 €), 60 Parsecs! casts players in the role of an ill-fated space captain. Beginning with 60 frantic seconds of scavenging for supplies before being blasted into the depths of space, players must survive on limited resources and make difficult decisions (should you really be starting an intergalactic dance-off?), all in the name of keeping themselves (and their crew) alive for one more day on the hunt for a new home.
Oh sorry, did we bury the lede there? Yeah, Earth is a nuclear disaster – you don’t want to go back there.
We could talk all day about the countless ways players can and will meet their untimely demise in the great beyond, so instead, let’s focus on the numbers. Fun numbers. Numbers that’ll set the stage for 60 Parsecs!’ massive universe (and don’t get us started on free post-launch content updates – Robot Gentleman LOVES those):
- 1 captain. That’s you! Good luck, you!
- 2 phases of gameplay. Scavenge for supplies for 60 seconds, then survive a gauntlet of hilarious, deadly, and downright absurd situations as you travel the stars
- 3 planets filled to the brim will all manner of deadly creatures, choices, and… wait, is that a cockroach wearing a space helmet?
- 4 seats for crew members on your shuttle (including the all-important YOU, of course)
- 5 playable captains to choose from, each with their own unique stats and backstories. Now let’s spare a moment for the poor sap who’s getting left behind
- 21 story endings and a gazillion different variations that tell the story of your crew’s (often terrible) fate. Play sessions are fast and furious affairs, so jump in and see how long you can survive this intergalactic journey
- More than 350 events, and more events mean more ridiculous circumstances to find yourself in (and conveniently talking yourself out of)
- 592 pages of text, reproduced on your personal word processor of choice, written with traditional Omicronian essay formatting
- 148k words. Seriously, the game is filled with them. There are so many fantastic words. Like laundromat. Great word, that
- A whole crowd of diverse aliens, robots and otherwise inter-dimensional life forms. No numbers here – just mystery and intrigue. Come for the space soup, stay for the space intrigue.
60 Parsecs! is out now on PC, retailing for $14.99 USD (14,99 €). Warm up those thrusters though, because the Astrocitizen program has its sights on even more platforms, coming soonTM to a space station near you. For more information about all the latest developments at Robot Gentleman, don’t hesitate to grab or wishlist 60 Parsecs! on Steam, follow @60parseconds and @robotgentleman on Twitter, and set a course for the game’s official website.
About 60 Parsecs!
SCAVENGE & EVACUATE
With only 60 seconds before nukes reduce the space station to floating particles in the vacuum of space, frantically grab whatever supplies and crew you can before getting out of there. You never know when that sock puppet will come in handy.
SURVIVE & DECIDE
Space funerals are inconvenient, so try to avoid dying where possible. Use your limited supplies and (hopefully not limited) wits to make difficult choices and ensure your survival, even though the odds are definitely stacked against you.
EXPLORE & CRAFT
Duct tape fixes all problems, but how do you fix (or at least craft) duct tape? Chart expeditions to find resources, craft survival essentials and explore strange new worlds in a procedural, very-much-permadeath adventure.
LEAD & PROTECT
As captain, it’s your duty to keep the crew happy – they’re less likely to kill you that way. Manage relationships as you watch them grow closer and hopefully not throw each other out the airlock.